Sr. Spec, Full-Stack Dev
About the role:
Metrics and Operational Intelligence (MOI) team is responsible for modernizing engineering practices, ensuring stability and control and empowering the use of latest technologies and intellectual capital across the organization with the goal of supporting a broad range of organization stakeholders as well as our internal users. Key objective of the MOI team is ensuring data accessibility to the broader organization, while simplifying the consumption process through ensuring visibility of key performance indicators. This role is responsible for driving organizational transformation through the use of data analytics, automation as well as AI/ML to guide change implementation.
• Strong understanding and ability to implement best engineering practices, write well-structured and maintainable code.
• Implement scalable and robust data pipelines through API integration, workflow management as well as utilization of Service Oriented Architectures.
• Design solutions with subsequent iterative implementation into existing ecosystem while maintaining the best agile practices.
• Communicate design decisions, implementation details and status updates with peers as well as stakeholders in a data-driven respectful fashion.
• Minimum 3 years of Software Development experience and proficiency in Python, Java.
• Knowledge of core computer science fundamentals, including but not limited to Object Oriented programming, Functional programming, Streaming Architectures and distributed systems.
• Proficiency with data structures and algorithms.
• Fundamental understanding data modeling and both RDMS and No-SQL database systems as well as caching concepts.
• Understanding of RESTful best practices.
• Knowledge of full SDLC best practices as well as familiarity with CI/CD concepts.
• Solid understanding of source control software (Git)
• Expertise in using Python Scientific libraries (NumPy, Pandas, matplotlib, PySpark, PyTorch, scikit-learn, SciPy) in context of enterprise software development.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Shared Services And Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: