Sr Principal, BusPlan&Analysis
The Business Planning team facilitates the setting of the firm's strategic priorities at the executive level and alignment of the multi-year and annual resource planning, budget and performance measurement processes to those priorities. The team works closely with the Chief Strategy Officer, Executive Committee, technology and other stakeholders to articulate the firm's strategic priorities and annual objectives; aligns resource allocation in support of the priorities; and develops, monitors, and evaluates performance measures that enable the firm to assess its progress towards meeting the objectives and priorities.
This individual will be responsible for managing the Technology Prioritization Committee and developing a centralized capacity and demand management process to optimize resource allocation in support of our strategic programs. In this role they will be the primary liaison between the Technology Prioritization Committee, technology (PMO, program managers, services managers), business service owners and business program owners and Business Planning to ensure alignment on the technology, budgeting, planning and reporting processes.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Coordination with Finance, Technology and other key business stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment across the project portfolio, clarity and support of business priorities, proactive escalation on project delivery and/or operational issues and risks
- Centralize demand intake and optimize project portfolio and resource capacity to support strategic priorities
- Demand management integration with release management, prioritization and execution of all initiatives
- Disciplined structuring and planning to ensure timely delivery to meet client commitments and establish time-boxed delivery dates for projects.
- Timely/proactive engagement of stakeholders and delivery partners on issues, risks and dependencies
- Implement a continuous multi-year technology investment portfolio planning and optimization process with focus on project pipeline and interdependencies
- Establish metrics to define success, gauge progress, and drive business outcomes
- Continuous prioritization and course correction through regular assessment of priorities and resourcing levels against ongoing delivery quality and emerging funding opportunities and challenges
The role will also include assisting the TPC chairman by establishing a schedule, prepping for committee meetings, working with planning and technology to support the annual planning process, enriching change management processes and providing the committee with transparency, accountability and oversight on risk action items. Lastly this individual will be responsible for the planning and execution of annual TPC Goals
- Proven success in Business Planning and/or Program Management functions for financial services firms or with management consultants with financial services clients.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills to understand and anticipate the impact and opportunities across multiple critical projects.
- Track record working with and advising executives in high-level, visible positions.
- Demonstrated leadership in complex/matrix environments.
- Strong process orientation: skilled at developing processes that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Exceptional oral, written and strategic communication skills, including the ability to distill complex messages into clear and concise communications.
- Must be confident and bring credibility; will be able to handle sensitive issues under pressure and be adept at counseling senior management
Relationship builder and team player; can develop partnerships with internal partners and effectively work with various levels of the organization
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to manage time and workload against priorities and objectives; strong attention to detail.
Strong results orientation - track record of meeting deadlines and delivering on goals.
- An ability to deal with sensitive issues effectively and maintain confidentiality and trustworthiness.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
General Mgmt / Admin Organization:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: