Sr. Full-Stack Java Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer, Data Vault Can be based in MA, NJ, NY, or PA
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world's most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk.
We are seeking Sr. Software Engineer to join the Vault team to work on their Data Quality project.
What You Will Do
• Own the code. You will be entrusted to bring forth unique/innovative solutions to challenging problems and own them from ideation through implementation.
• Work with Product Management, User Experience and clients to understand requirements and drive feature development
• Within an Agile environment, own the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of API services written primarily in Python with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in Azure.
• Care about agility and scalability - we work in a CI/CD environment and roll out products very quickly and we are building teams that can pivot quickly.
• Work with your team on design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with BNY Mellon's engineering strategy.
• Collaborate with engineering leads across the Data and Analytics solutions to define milestones and deliveries for new functionality as well as enhancements
You will be Successful If You:
• Have architectural knowledge of programming, design principles and data structures
• Design code that can be changed/refactored easily. This includes not only a design that allows for it but the unit tests to prove nothing will break
• Have experience in multiple languages and can articulate what you like/don't like about them
• Have experience with distributed and big data computing technologies and Platforms
• Understand the importance of tests and CI/CD pipelines, SaaS technologies, and public cloud providers such as Azure or AWS.
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients-it's one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission-making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency. Qualifications
MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302} Requisition Number: