Sr. Full-Stack Engineer, Java
Full-Stack Engineer, In-Market
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world's most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
Brand new team built with newer hires and collaborating with existing engineering to build out net new cloud based microservices that will reimagine the existing best in class performance application for a cloud based open architecture world. The team is scrum based with a strong agile mindset, utilizing proper CI/CD, active engagement with product, and other engineering teams all excited to be able to integrate with the new micro services that will be built. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering and supporting product services. You will deeply understand the customer problems, the technology and will have direct impact to our business.
This requires you to:
• Design and develop scalable, back-end, data services using SaaS based technology
• Create standard Restful APIs to expose all functionality
• Leverage existing open source technology where appropriate
• Solve tough design and architectural problems
• Be flexible in our fast-paced environment
• Work well on product teams with Quality Engineers and Product Owners
• Be creative and willing to take risks
This is you:
• Strong developer enjoys writing code and tests
• Strong Java programming language experience
• Experience with web technologies and architecture: micro-services, distributed cloud services, distributed data, caching, Restful APIs, etc.
• Experience with public cloud scalable technologies
• Experience with CI tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Harness, Docker
• Hands-on experience working in agile software delivery teams
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment (think startup)
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or any equivalent.
• 4+ years experience in software engineering
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients-it's one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission-making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency. Qualifications
MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: