Sr. Data Engineer, Python
Sr. Data Engineer - Data and Analytics Solutions, Content Hub Summary:
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world's most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
We are leveraging our Business Applications to provide clients insights and analytics (e.g., pre/post trade performance and risk, investor analytics, custom indices). For this initiative, we are seeking Data Engineers to augment our work in the Content Hub, work on Data Services, and build new applications.
• Develop Data services that are part of the Content Hub toolset to enable rapid onboarding and curation of datasets that are delivered via the Data Vault.
• Develop tools (functional and non-functional) to automate and simplify the execution of data pipelines.
• Develop Notebooks that can be used by Data Ops personnel for data wrangling and data exploration in the support of the Content Hub
• Integrate with Data and Event processing frameworks such as Apache Spark, Kafka and Azure ETL services.
• Work with the Data Vault engineering team to ensure Vault Data products (Modeler, Catalog, Data Quality, Data Fabric) are properly leveraged across the data value chain.
• Take an active part in a Scrum team to deliver high quality software to the business
• Work closely with our product partners to help estimate and prioritize the team's backlog and define stories needed to deliver the solution
• Deliver the defined solutions for the projects thru the Agile process
• Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture discipline
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets and willingness to learn new toolsets
• Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
• Expertise in Python and another programming language such as Java, C++, C#
• Knowledge of Big Data processing technology such as Apache Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Knowledge of Data Ops concepts to drive automation and simplification of Data Processing Pipelines
• Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
• Hands-on experience with SQL database design
• Great numerical and analytical skills
• Knowledge of ETL tools and data science technology (Notebooks, MLOps) preferred
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients-it's one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission-making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency. Qualifications
MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: