- Jersey City, NJ, USA Jersey City NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
At BNY Mellon, we are at the forefront of digitally transforming the financial services industry. The API Platform supports hundreds of internal and external APIs, with dozens of strategic financial services clients depending on our stability and success. We support the API lifecycle, from publishing to consumption to support. We are expected to build and operate a 24/7 platform.
As a Back-end Engineer - API Platform, you will be part of the team that builds, maintains, and promotes our API Platform and related services. We build and operate the infrastructure that powers products like our BNY Mellon API Store , publishing tools, and API mediation services.
What you'll do
• Containerize and deploy end-end API Platform functionality on a docker-based private cloud
• Create supporting materials, such as developer-facing documentation and guidelines
• At least 3 years experience within the Node.js ecosystem
• Experience using build tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Maven
• Experience building and maintaining production-quality APIs, preferably in a B2B environment
• Experience deploying software in a containerized (Docker)/Platform-as-a-Service environment
• Experience building and operating production systems in a business-critical environment
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experienceGreat written and verbal communication skills, including with non-technical audiences
• Experience in 24/7, highly-regulated environments, such as financial services or healthcare
• Experience in one other language out of these: Java, Go, Python
• Experience doing test-driven development (TDD)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1811806