Spec, UX Designer-User Experience Design Specialist
The SST Workflow team at BNY Mellon
is a small team of developers, who work closely with other teams throughout the bank. The group is focused on delivering superior client and employee experiences through our Baseline digital workflow application. We use agile and design thinking methods in our process and are responsible for driving client understanding to inform solutions. Job Description
We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and highly creative UX designer to design of easy-to-use, intuitive, and enjoyable experiences for our flagship platforms used by thousands of financial professionals and end-investors. You will join a well-established user experience team and you will have the opportunity to shape the future of both web-based and mobile applications. You will partner with our product management team to conceptualize and bring to life product ideas. The position offers the opportunity to practice all aspect of user-centered design including user research. Responsibilities
- Partners with business analysts and product managers to translate business and user requirements into successful UX design solutions throughout the product lifecycle
- Plan and execute research with a variety of stakeholders (customers, users, internal experts) to define project needs. Sessions may be conducted in person or remote. Research types include usability testing, surveys, contextual inquiries, and heuristic evaluations.
- Designs collaborative Design Thinking style workshops for stakeholders and clients that support project goals
- Presents and may review documentation of research findings with product and development teams.
- Designs innovative product concepts to illustrate the design direction of large, highly visible projects and initiatives
- Works on different project timelines, from short near-term responsive needs to long-term strategic projects
- Creates storyboards, information architecture, wireframes, detailed user interface designs, interactive prototypes and user interface specifications
- Functions as a user advocate throughout the design process
- Creates, maintains, follows, and extends user experience guidelines and standards
- Experience working on Business-to-Business (B2B) or Enterprise products
- Strong Information Architecture and Interaction Design skills
- Promotes the User Experience team and Design Thinking process to internal stakeholders and clients; assists in the development of internal resources, presentations and workshops
- Manages multiple research projects / teams simultaneously, creates project plans and documents the process and deliverables
- Collaborates with visual designers to help produce visually appealing user interfaces
Specialist User Experience Analyst->> Performs and leads moderate to complex user experience activities that include user research and testing, interactive design, and visual design. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Conducts and/or leads user research, usability testing, surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations. Presents and may review documentation of research findings with product and development teams. Creates concepts, information architecture, user interface designs, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications. Participates in the implementation of more complex visual styles that support platform branding to increase user effectiveness. Contributes to the product definition and evaluation process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work, interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature), interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user experience. Creates and updates user interface and visual design guidelines and standards, may assist in the maintenance of some as assigned. Provides UX training for groups outside the User Experience team. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications
- Experience with all aspects of user-centered design techniques, including user research methodologies such as contextual inquiries, user interviews, user surveys and usability testing
- Experience with UX methodologies such as Design Thinking and Service Design
- Passion for doing what's best for the end-user through UI design and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate product concepts through design and translate such concepts into detailed user interfaces and prototypes
- Expert knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools such as InVision (preferred), Axure, and Balsamiq
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Very good understanding of web and mobile technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to create well-designed, informative presentations.
Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 6-8 years of experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Shared Services And Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: