Software Engineer (Python, Java) for FX Options Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As an engineer in FX Options Technology you will have an opportunity to work in the Athena platform, JPMorgan's market-leading multi-asset trade capture, risk management, and execution platform. An interest in derivatives instruments and working in a fast-paced environment working closely with sales and trading as well as Production Support, Operate Technology, and Operations teams are essential for this role. Successful applicants will work across the voice and eTrading Options Franchise to support the overall business
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Stats, Physics, or similar experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- 5-7 years of applied development experience in one or more of object oriented languages (Python, C++, Java)
- Familiarity with performance tools is a plus (perf, oprofile, papi).
- Familiarity with open source software, including Linux kernel/module development is a plus
- Keen interest in financial markets, pricing technologies and derivative products
- Derivatives and/or E-Trading experience preferred. Expertise in pricing and risk management a plus
- Brilliant analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on long-term technical problems
- Expertise in developing partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran