Senior Specialist, Compliance and Control - (Privacy Specialist)
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity. BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system.
BNY Mellon's Pershing and its affiliates provide global financial business solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers. Pershing helps clients improve profitability and drive growth, create capacity and efficiency, attract and retain talent, and manage risk and regulation. With a network of 23 offices worldwide, Pershing provides business-to-business solutions to clients representing more than 6 million investor accounts globally.
As a member of the Pershing Privacy Office you will be a part of the first line of defense function that ensures that core privacy controls are implemented, maintained, and that Pershing specific privacy procedures are up to date
- Provide privacy subject matter expertise support to business areas to help them fulfil their regulatory and organizational requirements to protect the privacy of both client and employee personal information, while enabling business and technology innovation
- Collaborate with Legal, Information Security, Technology, Risk, Third Party Governance and other stakeholders to ensure existing and new products, services, and processes comply with applicable privacy requirements
- Maintain practical knowledge of data protection laws and Pershing's business to represent the team on projects as they arise, ensuring consistency and efficiency in the roll-out of new products and services
- Work with Pershing Privacy Office colleagues and other key stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance, business, technology) to evaluate the impact of and drive the successful implementation of changes across all Pershing legal entities to support privacy regulatory change
- Leverage internal systems to execute and manage end-to-end processes for Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), Personal Information Processing Inventories (PIPIs), and Individual Rights Requests (IRRs)
- Ensure the remediation of issues and actions relating to privacy, e.g. arising from Data Protection Impact Assessments, Privacy by Design, Compliance Monitoring Reviews, Internal Audits, etc.
- Respond to client privacy requests and inquiries, including DDQs, RFPs, RFI, onsites, & Third-Party Vendor Assessments
- Drive and support privacy risk assessments / privacy impact assessments and Privacy by Design (PbD)
- Ensure that potential/actual personal information breaches are investigated, and remediation is carried out as required
- Develop and deliver data privacy education and awareness training dependent on the individual business needs for internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with U.S. federal, state, and international data privacy laws (e.g., GLBA, CCPA, state data breach laws, PIPEDA, & GDPR)
- Experience with the practical application (business operations and technology) of data privacy laws in the Americas
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) certifications, e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPP/C, CIPT, & CIPM, are desirable
- Must be comfortable taking the initiative to develop strategy, influence stakeholders, and deliver required outcomes
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business, Legal, Compliance, and Technology
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Business or Finance degree preferred. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: