Senior Java Team Lead
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 19
Job Reference # 187696BR
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested n how to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
- With the technical design of application components in distributed / web platform.
- implement and deliver high quality software / component for OLS platform, perform code/design review to ensure adherence to WMA technical standards
- Perform management responsibilities for mentoring and leading of developers, manage project tasks for self and team from end to end
- Code, test, deploy application components with developers within a Scrum team
- Look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change/improvement
- Work closely with other development , testing, implementation teams within Client Platform
You'll be working in WMA IT Client Platform – NEO OLS team in Weehawken, NJ/ We are responsible for WMA client facing technology application.
You will be accountable for design /implementation of technical solutions with in NEO / OLS platform in WMA, responsible for leading a small team to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects following agile / scrum SDLC. This is a development tech lead role entails working with teams in other geographic locations, such as Weehawken, US, Budapest, Hungary and other partner teams around the world.
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor's degree in either Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Demonstrable 8+ years of solid experience in Java, J2EE in a large enterprise environment.
- Have 3+ years of hands on experience with web services, micro services.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience of being able to work to very tight timelines on multiple detailed activities simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of java, application web services (rest or soap), spring frame work, spring boot is a must
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure such as proxy / web seal / caching / DB is a must
- Tomcat and Webshpere application server knowledge is a must.
- Knowledge with node js, react js, d3 js is strong plus.
- Knowledge of market data and providers (Thompson, MoD and their APIs is a strong plus)
- Able to operate successfully in a matrix environment
- Proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and apply own initiative
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.