Senior FX/MM Specialist
Description The role is responsible for ensuring trades are processed and settled to adhere to all regulatory and internal controls and to minimize risk to the bank. In addition, the role requires all trade issues to be monitored, escalated as necessary and resolved in a
The role is responsible for ensuring trades are processed and settled to adhere to all regulatory and internal controls and to minimize risk to the bank. In addition, the role requires all trade issues to be monitored, escalated as necessary and resolved in a timely and efficient manner by ensuring direct reports, manage client relationships, and provide expertise relating to execution of trade confirmation and settlements
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs market execution of Treasury FX and Money Market transactions
- Foreign Exchange Processing - Identify, authorize FX deals, send confirmations to clients and follow up on receipt of funds.
- Creates and verifies the accuracy of FX and MM transfer funds and disbursement records. Generates computerized extract of cash collection and disbursement data for corporate accounting.
- Ensure proper communication of key strategies and ad hoc relevant information both clients and Front Offices
- Represent FX Operations in front of relevant business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Economics or related fields with 1 to 2 years of experience or equivalent preferred.
- High level understanding of the full trade lifecycle, mainly in the following: Confirmations, Clearing, Valuations, Reconciliations, and Settlements.
- Experience working in a Middle/Back Office support functions
- Excellent MS Word Excel skills required.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.