Senior Associate – Derivative Accounting & Reporting performs a variety of duties including accounting and reporting of the Derivatives for Investments General & Separate Accounts on a GAAP basis, Statutory basis and management basis. Familiarity with derivatives will be beneficial in the preparation and review of certain entries as well as the analytics that is performed in the area.
1. Provide monthly accounting and reporting of the derivative portfolio for the general account separate account in accordance with SSAP 86, ASC 815 and the Investment Accounting Policy.
2. Prepare and review investment committee schedules on a quarterly basis within tight deadlines.
3 Quarterly reporting deliverables including regulatory schedules, derivative program analysis, board reporting, and Controllers book.
4. Work with our co-sourcing partner to ensure the Schedule DB’s are accurately reported and review reconciliations provided by the co-sourcing partner.
5. Ensure SOX compliance including developing, documenting, testing, and reviewing controls and procedures.
6. Assist derivative team with various projects geared towards improving the efficiency of our derivatives accounting system.
7. Provide variance analysis and other analytics for various business areas regarding the accounting for the various derivative programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
2. CPA a plus
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong working knowledge of Excel
4. Knowledge of Derivatives preferably accounting for derivatives