SVP, Java Senior Software Engineering Manager – NJ-C-14
As a senior software engineering manager, you will drive, design, and develop core components on Citi's financial forecasting platform. You will make clear, simple and technically sound decisions and champion high standards of coding and architecture best practices. You will partner with senior members of across the Technology, Finance, Risk and Treasury organizations .
You will have a focus on what is best for our user experience in all your decision making, in particular you have a passion for reliability and usability of our systems. We expect you to be passionate about architecture, CI/CD, agile delivery, DevOps and site reliability. You will have a strong a strong background in working with complex data, parallel processing and micro-services.
The team supports Citi's regulatory and internal planning requirements, executing econometric and market driven models to produce forecasted balances, revenues and numerous risk metrics . The platform is responsible for the successful execution of CCAR, MCST, Operating Plan, IRR , Resolution planning and RWA reporting.
• Oversee the platform, day to day requests, long term projects, and strategy of the group
• Continually enhance the team's performance, ensuring adherence to best practices and developing a deep talent pool.
• Apply ingenuity and creativity to problem solving, reviewing complex alternatives and developing sound solutions.
• Manage scope and requirements, building high-quality, scalable processes.
• 8+ years of software development/engineering experience particularly hands on with Java
• 8+ years of software development management
• 8+ years experience developing large scale java applications
• Must have practical experience with microservices and container based technologies
• Must have practical experience with large datasets, horizontal scalability and Big Data technologies
• Practical experience with CICD pipelines and DevOps engineering
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent work experience Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting