RPA Quality Engineer
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role
The E*TRADE Technology team is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to work in the area of robotic process automation development. This team member will partner with several departments in the firm to automate testing of business processes being automated with RPA technologies. As a core engineering team member, you will have the opportunity to implement testing strategies and solutions of the latest in robotic automation software by applying your technical, analytical, and quality engineering skills. E*TRADE has a first-class culture of putting our clients first and enabling our diverse workforce through a competitive benefits package. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs testing automation framework and test scripts that are used by the system testers.
• Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
• Participate in business requirements documentation reviews to extract test scenarios
• Lead a team of testers through the full software development lifecycle.
• Design, document and execute test procedures
• Ensure releases are properly tested while meeting schedule commitments.
• Perform troubleshooting of identified software or system defects.
• Support business units in understanding the testing approach and aid in identifying test scenarios.
• Partner with existing test automation teams to ensure reuse of existing testing artifacts and data management.
- 5+ years or more experience as a Tester in a development environment leading testing initiatives and teams
- Testing automation experience
- Core understanding of software engineering principles
- Experience with defect tracking software.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrable track record in working well as part of a small cross-functional team.
- Understanding of multitier application design
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Basic brokerage middle and back office operational processes
- Team player that directly contributes to delivering value
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication
- Passion for quality and for automation
- Client focus
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or similar technical degree
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.