Work as a part of global team to support and enhance our trading platform. Details job responsibilities are mentioned below. This position will require you to have good knowledge of basic networking and C++, and good debugging skills. You should have the tenacity to not give up easily when faced with tricky issues, and be able to think out of the box to figure out ways to replicate and debug them. This role offers end-to-end understanding of a complex online bond trading platform. You should have the skills to focus and drill down into a problem to find its root cause and be also able to grasp the overall functionality of the system so that you can correctly gauge the impact of proposed fixes/changes. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide level three support - replicate and debug issues reported by first/second level support teams, propose appropriate fixes for the above issues and liaise with dev, QA and first/second level support teams to ensure smooth roll out of the fixes to production environment
- Develop new system instrumentation and monitoring and software deployment tools
- Enhance existing tools to make them more scalable and reliant
- Work with internal business to help them understand the issues that you are working on, their current impact and the proposed fixes
In addition, you should have:
- 3-7 years of IT experience in a dev or support role.
- Experience developing or supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
- Development or Level 3 experience supporting an existing large system with levels of availability.
- Experience or knowledge in OOPS concepts, SQL and scripting languages (Perl/Python).
- In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
- Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
- In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including evening and occasional weekend duties.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent level of technical knowledge required.
A structured, methodical approach.
A delivery-focused attitude.
The ability to work within a team environment - be a team-player.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
Fixed income market knowledge would be a plus
Flexibility in working multiple shifts
2 or more years of object-oriented development experience (ideally Microsoft Visual C++)
Relational Database experience
Strong scripting knowledge in perl/python/shell.
Tradeweb is a leading, multi-asset class, electronic trading venue for fixed income, derivatives and ETFs. Tradeweb offers institutional, wholesale and retail market participants unparalleled liquidity, cutting-edge technology and a broad range of data solutions that deliver better price discovery, order execution and trade workflows. The company serves more than 2,000 clients including banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, central banks, corporates, inter-dealer brokers, brokers, financial advisors and registered investment advisors in over 50 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Tradeweb operates trading platforms in more than 25 products including government bonds, mortgages, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, interest rate swaps, credit defaults swaps rates, repurchase agreements and equity derivatives. In an average trading day, Tradeweb facilitates more than $525 billion in notional value traded.
Tradeweb Markets LLC (\"Tradeweb\") is proud to be an EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer.