Product Analyst- Mainframe
Leads and provides direction on product management, development and marketing processes for multiple large products or one complex product. Liaises with cross-functional teams to deliver products that address client needs. Leads sessions on the design and product development of products including adoption and marketing strategies for multiple large products. Provides guidance to cross-functional teams during the project lifecycle. Ensures project has necessary requirements, deliverable and support model in place; pre-and post rollout. Is highly familiar with product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. May act as the primary point of contact for some products. Responsible for analyzing, defining, and challenging the product's business case based on team and industry reports. Prioritizes product requirements and further investigates product feasibility. Determines project responsibilities and scope. Develop scope, roadmap strategic direction for the product or product suite. Drive excecution of product roadmap. May serve as Team Lead. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives/
Leads and provides direction as Product Manager of firm's growing data file product.
Functions as a subject matter expert:
- Designing, documenting, testing data feeds for projects
- Working with clients, and their software vendors, providing data aids/mapping and responding to file content inquiries
- Guiding product governance at oversight meetings
- Liaises with cross-functional teams, enterprise wide, as product owner to deliver results that fully address client/project needs, leading sessions on file development and providing guidance throughout project lifecycle in design and testing. Associate ensures product feasibility using familiarity with consumer trends and market status as well as by investigating feeding systems to enhance products by challenging business cases and accounting for probable change and growth.
- Potential for expansion into design, project management and implementation of file product support applications, product marketing, and department management.
Bachelor's degree in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 8-10 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Several years of experience in technology with experience with ASCII, COBOL, Mainframe applications, Data file mapping and File Structure governance preferred
- Several years of experience in financial services with focus on brokerage and clearing operations with a strong compliance and risk management culture
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 24 a plus
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills with ability to multi-task BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: