Principal, Software Engineer
Principal Infrastructure Engineer
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world's most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions.
We are investing in people and technology to construct and execute the next generation SaaS. There is no better time to bring your design and engineering career to the fintech industry. Our DevOps team are a collective group of engineers who are responsible and maintain ownership of managing a large scale infrastructure in a public cloud provider. If you are an engineer who is comfortable with coding and interested in building out tools and infrastructure focused on system level availability, agility, transparency and scalability, then we have the right challenge for you.
At BNY Mellon's Data and Analytics Solutions, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the fintech software systems work better for everyone. We are looking for people that have a strong desire to learn, collaborate and solve complex problems.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Maturing the DevOps mindset with Eagle agile teams utilizing methodologies such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Acceptance Test Driven Development
• Scale systems sustainably through concepts like automation and IaC
• Exercise Root Cause Analysis Cycle, use data to determine the scope and scale of impact, create epics/stories and construct automation to prevent problem recurrence
• Work with developer and QEs on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying services from dev to prod
• You will never be an operator, but rather a versatile software engineer focused on operations
• Experience with modern automation, development and infrastructure tools (such as Git, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Packer, Consul, Vault)
• Strong development and automation skillset. Ability to code scripts from scratch in Bash, Groovy and Python
• Hands-on experience with Jenkins and capable of authoring and maintaining Jenkins Pipeline as Code
• Linux system administration with advanced knowledge of installations, performance-tuning, security, and shell scripting
• Procured and managed Azure infrastructure and services and/or any other public cloud.
• Working knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL and Big Data databases
• Understanding of firewall and networking concepts and implementations
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients-it's one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission-making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency. Qualifications
MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
10-14 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits." BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302} Requisition Number: