Principal Product Manager-Advisor Prospecting & Relationship Management Solutions
The Wealth Management industry is going through a seismic shift from being a transaction-focused brokerage product business to becoming a client-centric advisory business -- and advisors are ascribing greater value to the tools that support the relationship-oriented nature of their businesses. Advances in consumer technology have led consumers to expect seamless, frictionless, and personalized digital experiences from their technology solutions. New digital offerings powered by technology, including artificial intelligence/machine learning, robo-advisory, and chatbots, are opening up business integration and partnership opportunities that will transform the client experience and the ways in which advisors acquire and serve their clients. Prospecting, client acquisition, and relationship management are at the heart of this transformation. Pershing is well positioned to drive change in the Wealth Management industry Pershing is the largest provider of clearing and custody solutions in the brokerage and banking arena, serving more than 1,300 financial services firms in 30 countries. More than seven million investors and 100,000 professionals already rely on our digital solutions. Pershing's technology ecosystem is uniquely placed to support the development of new solutions that address advisor needs, and to incorporate best-of-breed solutions from top FinTech firms and other key players in our industry. Join the team that puts all of this together! The Technology Product Management team at Pershing is at the epicenter of this transformation. We define the new product vision, create the product strategy, conceptualize and plan solutions, and are responsible for technology products throughout their lifecycles. We work closely with Pershing's clients, lines of business, and other Pershing Technology groups to continuously improve our products and solutions. If you are passionate about...
- Conceptualizing and building world-class technology solutions
- Working with clients, internal and external partners, and a very talented multi-disciplinary team to develop innovative digital experiences
- Creating the next generation of financial services technology products then our Advisor Prospecting & Relationship Management Solutions Product manager role might just be the right fit for you!
Principal Product Manager->> Leads and provides guidance on product development and marketing processes for multiple relatively complex global products that are high impact and high profile. Liaises with cross-functional teams to provide products that address client needs. Leads sessions on the design and development of product marketing strategies for multiple relatively complex global products that are high impact and high profile. Provides guidance to cross-functional teams including Development and Marketing. Uses broad understanding of the product, any design or development considerations, the marketing environment, and the marketing strategy to provide valued input. Serves as a subject matter expert in a particular product area and provides guidance on product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. Is primary point of contact for clients. Develops product positioning and branding. Responsible for championing products internally and externally. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
- Creating digital solutions for financial firms and advisors, focused on their prospecting and relationship management needs;
- Identifying and working with CRM solutions such as Salesforce, MS Dynamics, and Redtail, as well as with leading marketing, referral, and social media products and providers
- General product management responsibilities, including:
- Definition and delivery of the product strategy roadmap;
- Definition of product / solution bundles, pricing, positioning, and support models;
- Study of the marketplace and interfacing with technology vendors and providers;
- Collaboration with business owners, business analysts, project managers, developers, and quality assurance specialists to deliver high quality technology products;
- Engagement with client engagement, relationship management, and marketing/communications teams to help market technology products and drive adoption;
- Engagement with clients to demo products and validate product strategy and roadmaps.
Bachelor's degree in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 10-12 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Excellent negotiation, decision making, problem solving, and influencing skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with building front-end applications
- Experience in business-to-business technology integrations
- Experience understanding client feedback and needs; developing actionable insights, finding innovative solutions, and articulating them to others to support execution
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a dynamically changing environment
- Experience in leading conversations with third-party vendors and providers
- A strong technology background with understanding of the full software lifecycle
- Prior product development and leadership experience (preferred)
- Experience at a broker-dealer or registered investment advisor (preferred)
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: