Principal, Domain Architect - ServiceNow
Technology Services Group (TSG) is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our Technology Production Services team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. The Role
We are seeking a Technical Domain Architect
to join our Service Management Office.
You will be responsible for architectural support of the Service Management product/tool suite. You will work closely with the Service Management Technologies Product & Engineering Leads, Infrastructure Architecture Leads and the Service Management Office team members including requestors and end users to provide subject matter expertise in the ongoing enhancement of the products & tools to facilitate and support maturing the Service Management Office operational and commercial processes. Key Responsibilities:
- Provides end to end product architecture to ensure the detailed design and development remains consistent with the overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Identifies issues between the strategic architecture and vendor solution implementation.
- Identifies solutions and formulates implementation and migration strategies.
- Provides expertise in technical knowledge, methodology and framework, data integration and data flows, Enterprise Architecture, and software development and coding.
- Work with IT Service Management Process Owners to understand workflow process and translate designs to prototypes.
- Provide detailed architecture analysis, design and direction on development activities.
- Participate in design, code & test review cycles.
- Provide a GAP Technical Evaluation of requested functionality and baseline (out of the box) functionality.
- Perform solution walkthroughs with Process Owner(s) and testing team/s.
- Evaluate ServiceNow changes (upgrades, patch fixes) and ensure alignment with product strategy and roadmap.
- Identify opportunities to improve the product offerings from a quality, controls & capabilities perspective while also defining best practices.
Responsible for the delivery of high quality architectural solutions, while ensuring compliance with company policies. Strategizes and contributes to enterprise level technological initiatives on architectures, patterns and standards. In addition to the individual contributor primary responsibilities shown below, may also have managerial responsivities, such as: recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Defines and implements architecture and design in accordance with architecture principles. Adheres to established architecture methodologies and standards and ensures compliance with company policy. Identifies organization-wide initiatives and makes recommendations for the use of technology. Works closely with senior management to educate and to articulate resource requirements necessary to promote architecture goals. Oversees architecture activities of the organization to assure the strategic goals of the organization are met. Works toward architecture and design solutions. Performs enterprise planning and designing solutions for emerging business and complex technology environments. Identifies and recommends ways to drive more value out of the company's technology assets. Designs stable and flexible high performance solutions, maximizing reuse and avoiding redundancy. Works with other stakeholders in optimizing architecture solutions. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred. 10-12 years of experience in technology and architecture roles required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred. 10-12 years of experience in technology and architecture roles required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- SME in ServiceNow in addition to having 3+ years' experience in IT Service Management systems & tools.
- Proven success working in Enterprise level ITSM projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of software architecture principles as they apply to solution and application architectures, specifically for portals, web sites and systems integration projects.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL best practices and common IT Service Management processes.
- ServiceNow ITSM Implementation Certification.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to convey complex technical information both to engineers and senior managers.
- Bachelor's degree required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Building effective relationship with IT vendors and negotiation skills.
- ITIL foundation certification.
- Vendor management skills.
- Experience of technical process analysis.
- Understanding of IT environments in financial institutions.
- Previous IT Service Management experience in large (Financial Services) enterprise IT environment.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: