Principal, Compliance and Control
- Responsible for the development of the compliance strategy for the assigned business units. I
- ndependently contributes to the compliance efforts of the business units and may direct the work of more junior professionals.
- Responsible for assisting the business units by developing strategies to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements. In partnership with business unit senior managers, responds to and develops compliance reporting and may present reporting to leadership.
- Based on assessments of controls, advises business units on the implementation of improvements and the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made.
- Analyzes existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to lead the assigned businesses in developing and implementing procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements.
- Assigns analysis activities to more junior professionals.
- Contributes to the establishment of key risks indicators (KRIs) and tracking and reporting methodologies as part of a standard system of measurement and reporting.
- Contributes to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Assesses the effectiveness of current risk prevention and mitigation projects to ensure managers in the assigned business units are equipped with the education to identify and judge the severity of risks.
- Analyzes control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Validates the appropriateness of control processes or contributes to the development of improvements.
- Guides the assigned business units in implementing improvements.
- Provides direct input to more junior professionals to improve their understanding of compliance, control and documentation policies.
- Maintains strong working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and senior business unit managers in order to ensure the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favorable conditions for compliance activities. Is beginning to lead the development of training and education for the assigned business unit on risk management and compliance requirements.
- Collaborates with the business unit to develop the appropriate training materials.
- Assesses the effectiveness of complex controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
- Prepares complex, comprehensive, risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements and provides prompt, focused feedback to business management on concerning issues and control gaps.
- May contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking to ensure resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively.
- Contributes to the preparation of complex, time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to senior management.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Business or Finance degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: