Principal Application Support Analyst (OST)
The Bank of New York Mellon
is a provider of investment services and investment management and weare a world-renowned leader in each. When combined, the power of our extensivecapabilities can help drive your success in markets around the world. BNYMellon
is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. BNY Mellon Technology's
mission is to provide our business partners with technology basedsolutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-classsoftware solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and toprovide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professionalqualifications and careers. Our Team
Operations and Shared Tech (OST)
owns the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon'sproducts and services are delivered to our clients and our internal businessoperations teams. We provideCustody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM's digital platform (NEXEN) alongwith associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio forAlternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operationaltransformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient.OST's world-class engineers build solutions with an 'empathy first' principle.We believe that our products and services are superior when we know ourclients, users, and partners - and that the more embedded we are with them andthe more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise. The OST Production Services Team
is dedicated to ensuring that our technologyenvironments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systemsthat keep BNY Mellon running. Ourmission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across allrun-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose ofproviding a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use theirtechnical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will takeour company into the future. If you area collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire tocontribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you. The Role
As a SupportAnalyst
within our Shared Service (SST) Production Services
team, youwill be responsible for the maintenance, support, and operations of coresoftware applications. You will ensure functionality of applications are alignedwith the organization's priorities and enabling team is responsible forapplication support, incident, problem, change, and SCM.
Our team will work closely with the applicationdevelopment organization on the implementation of changes to production andwill be responsible for ongoing operations of the production applications.
- Individualis responsible for the Production Support, Deployment & Migration, andMaintenance for BNYM applications as aligned with the organizations.
- GoodKnowledge on UNIX / Linux / Windows/ Mainframe platforms, which includesverifying the availability infrastructure functionality.
- Abilityto analyze applications & databases hosted on the servers
- Responsiblefor all wellness checks, and if any issues, serve as a primary driver toresolution.
- Priorityassessment, incident investigation & diagnosis, execute knowledge basetriage steps in standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Abilityto troubleshoot issues delving into root cause efforts and ability to handledisparate types of client inquiries.
- Communicationskills backed up with strong technical knowledge.
- Self-motivatedability to do multi-tasking, where the individual has to handle multipleapplication requests from various sources.
- Toolingexperience with MoogSoft, CloudProber, AppDynamics, GIT, Jenkins,ServiceNow.
- Abilityto maintain service uptime and MTTM / MTTR targets as service level agreements.
- Providetechnical support for the applications, understanding their data flow and enduser interfaces. Ability to perform deepdives into issues and have an ability to diagnose and resolve applicationand/or escalate to ensure optimal performance.
Principal Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates plans for major projects and initiatives to ensure they meet system needs. Coordinates the monitoring of major changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Standardizes the use of tools, technologies, and/or business expertise in relationship to testing approaches. Monitors and analyzes the effectiveness of the use of technology in QA processes. Structures activities based upon approved project methodologies. Collects and analyzes project data and produces progress reports. Ensures the availability of applications for the client as well as problem management and resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support, Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Broad technology experience including UNIX, Windows, and mainframe application development or support.
- Experience in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management foundations.
- Experience supporting mission critical platforms, operation and applications.
- Excellent communication skills
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: