Prin, Full-Stack Dev-Lead
The BNY Mellon Developer Practices Group is an engineering group focused on building solutions and platforms to support developer relations and tooling, including interactions with our development community across the BNY Mellon application development ecosystem. We are looking for someone that can bring a passion and dedication to building platforms and solving problems that directly impact thousands of developers globally. The candidate must be passionate about delivering scalable, reliable and easy to use systems that integrate seamlessly, providing efficiency and productivity gains for our development community.
We have a unique opportunity for a Developer Leader to define and deliver a globally integrated Agile operating model with a specific focus on providing consistent and standard enterprise-wide tools to transform how we work and operate.
We are looking for talented developer leads that are excited by the idea to contribute to our vision. We know there are a number of things we could implement to bring the BNY Mellon way to life, but we need you to be the leader driving the execution.
As a developer lead in the Developer Practices Group, you are primarily responsible for:
1. Delivering Code
2. Provide engineering support to any team member on any issue
3. Situational awareness of the product and team state
4. In partnership with Product Owner, prioritize issues across stories and people
5. Recruiting talent at or above your level
We are looking for developer leads that embrace:
• Deep technical competency of OS and infrastructure hardware
• Proficient software development experience in Python and Java
• Demonstrated experience in object-oriented analysis and design
• Experience leading other software engineers
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in developer tooling integration (e.g., DevOps, Gitlab, Jira, etc)
• Demonstrated quality and excellence for quality and continuous improvement
• Highly independent and pragmatic
• Live wherever you want and work remotely
• Receptive to feedback or coaching
• Bias for action
• Bonus: NiFi subject matter expert
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 10-14 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Shared Services And Technology-HR13644} Requisition Number: