.Net Web Developer, VP
This person would be responsible for design and development of web applications and various system components including but not limited to web modules, web services and database programs. This person will take complete ownership of applications/tasks assigned to them in terms of ongoing development as well as system testing, change management and production support for the assigned applications. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems Design, Development and Support
- System and Requirements Analysis
- Design and development of software applications (primarily web based) used in various areas of the bank (such as Customer Reporting, Workflow Automation, Trading etc.)
- Systems Design & Architecture using well accepted design patterns and frameworks
- Documentation of technical specs and process flows
- Migration planning
- System Testing: DUT, SIT and UAT (Planning, execution and evaluation)
- Issues resolution - use of tools such as JIRA and TFS for issue lifecycle management
- Production Release preparation and coordination with server-admins
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- No direct reports but this person should be able to run small to medium projects
- Coordinate with resources from other teams that are necessary to complete projects and implement or upgrade hardware, operating systems, application software, etc.
- Undertake complete ownership of assigned tasks and manage own priorities and time allocation with minimal daily supervision.
Business Knowledge and Skills
- At least 8 years of prior work experience with at least 3 or more in the banking sector;
- Experience in working with mobile platforms (both iOS and Android) - at least a good understanding of the framework and mobile deployments.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming and Design Patterns
- Multi-threading applications for high volume processing
- Deep understanding of MS SQL Server databases
- Strong understanding of Windows Server, IIS and Windows Security
- Experience working with event/queue based processes (IBM MQ is preferred)
- Expertise with tools/applications such as Microsoft Office, MS Visio, MS Project, TFS
- Experience with software installations and configurations in various environments
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues under pressure and in a timely manner
- Ability to analyze and document business and process flows
- Understanding of both Windows and Unix/Linux based systems;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related field;
- Ability to work with end users, technical staff and management as necessary.
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and analytical skills;
Needs to work under pressure and meet deadlines Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.