Java Engineer - Finance Platforms Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Controllers, Corporate Treasury, and Tax Divisions ensure that the firm meets all of its financial control and reporting obligations and monitor the firm's balance sheet, liquidity, and funding.
The engineers in the Finance Platforms team focus on cross-divisional initiatives, building reusable software platforms for both engineers and non-engineers.
Using a combination of computer science skills and partnership with end users, they build and support complex and critical software products that meet the ever-changing business needs and regulatory environment.
- Seniority level: Associate
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Software Engineer
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Industries: Financial Services
SKLLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- End-to-end systems development from requirements analysis to coding, testing, UAT, implementation and maintenance, in an Agile environment
- Develop high level/detailed technical designs, testing strategies, and implementation plans
- Identify and understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Identify opportunities for cross-divisional collaboration and reuse of common solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Strong Full-stack technical design and development skills and experience.
- Strong programming experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, including database design
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Comfortable with defining project roadmaps, milestones, and deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical & business audiences and working globally
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in finance preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity