Internal Banking Auditor
Internal Banking Auditor About the Team
Internal Audit Division Americas Department
The Internal Audit Division, Americas Department (IADA) provides internal audit services to the branches, representative offices and agencies of Mizuho Bank, Ltd. in the Americas, and to Mizuho Bank (USA). IADA's mission is to act as an independent, objective assurance and consulting function, designed to add value and improve Mizuho Bank's operations. IADA also provides testing work for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance from the point of operational effectiveness. Based at Harborside, IADA staff members perform various audits of different business areas of the bank to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management and governance processes. Along with its counterparts in London, Hong Kong and Singapore, IADA reports to and composes the overseas arm of MHBK's Internal Audit Division (IAD). IADA uses a combination of global audit policies and procedures and local audit standards that are tailored to the needs of each region. General Duties
- Perform Operating Effectiveness Tests for Internal Control over Financial Reporting that consists of Entity Level Control (ELC), Process Level Control (PLC) and IT Application Control (ITAPC) etc.
- Participate in planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up based upon Tokyo SOX Testing Handbooks.
- Find and analyze deficiencies in operating effectiveness, inadequate documentation/evidence and other irregularities.
- Assist in maintaining ongoing communications between IADA and line management, other Mizuho areas/functions, external auditors, and regulatory examiners, as needed to ensure effective and efficient SOX Testing and internal audit coverage of the businesses and functions.
- Proficient in the use of Word and Excel.
- Perform other assignments as may be directed by Managing Director/SOX Testing Group Manager.
- Has a Bachelors Degree in Business or equivalent, preferably in a relevant discipline.
- Shows the ability to effectively analyze problems; to interpret, understand and follow the instructions without excessive supervision; to recognize, develop and present findings related to work performed; and to prepare all required work papers according to standard.
- Can communicate sufficiently, both orally and in writing, to allow the timely and effective execution of assignments and the documentation/communication of results. Can effectively participate as needed in meetings and discussions with Business Process Owners.
#LI-MIZUHO Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.