Full-Stack Developer (Java, Golang)
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
is the technology enabler of BNYM. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our TSG Architecture Infrastructure and Middleware (AIM)
team provides high level automation and self-service provisioning capabilities across the firm's technology footprint, including the development of products that deliver world class messaging, cloud, and security frameworks. Our team's focus is to engineer solutions that improve the technology infrastructure by moving from a highly manual current state to a tightly controlled automated state. AIM is comprised of 6 core services - Messaging, Security Engineering, App Engine, Discovery Services, Storefront, and Responsibility Management and Entitlements (RME). The Role
We are seeking a hands-on Developer
to join Privileged Access Management
, a team of developers and infrastructure engineers within Responsibility Management and Entitlements (RME) to design and develop the Privileged Access Management solutions, as well as the automation and integration frameworks around them. Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, and operationalize small multi-tiered security solutions in compliance with the BNY Mellon's technology and security processes/standards.
- Adopt a modern SDLC that encourages CI/CD.
- Document software designs to lead discussions and procedures for adoptions.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Apply security and secure coding principles to systems under development.
- Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
- Test third-party software systematically and with discipline.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 2-6 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus; should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle S/he must also have experience developing Front-End and Back-end. Job holder must be knowledgeable about cross-platform interoperability (multiple platforms i.e. NT, Intranet, etc.) , major tools in a toolkit for a specific platform and features of multiple toolkits. S/he must be experienced at resolving hardware, software, and communications malfunctions and understand the business impact of resolving complications.
- Proficiency in Java and Golang, experience with Python a plus
- Experience in designing and implementing REST APIs and Micro Services.
- Experience in building transactional systems and working with workflow engines.
- Experience with text data indexing, search, and retrieval, e.g., Elastic Search, Splunk.
- Good understanding of test automation, TDD.
- Experience in delivering a multi-tiered project: from the requirement gathering, design, implementation to addressing operational concerns.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Linux system engineering experience, e.g., sshd, pam.d, systemctl
- Good understanding of secure coding practices.
- Experience in mentoring junior programmers.
- Knowledge of the Privileged Access Management practices and solutions.
- Knowledge of security protocols such as Kerberos, LDAP.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725} Requisition Number: