Director, Risk Assessments & Testing
- Base salary, bonus and benefits.
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 18 Mar 19
Our client, a top tier financial services firm based in Jersey City seeks an experienced Compliance professional with a strong management background to lead it's Risk Assessments & Compliance Testing team reporting directly in the CCO.
- Evaluating and responding to new and changing federal, state, local and administrative regulations;
- Interacting with regulators and others in response to relevant inquiries and requests;
- Designing and implementing appropriate training and awareness materials for business areas;
- Monitoring and testing business areas for compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Guiding business areas in the development of their procedures to comply with Firm policies;
- Evaluating compliance programs established by Firm and its subsidiaries;
- Providing guidance to senior management and other business unit management in response to relevant inquiries and requests regarding corporate compliance requirements; and
- Acting as a reference point for business areas that need help resolving legal and regulatory issues.
- Serves as key member of compliance management team to parent company and subsidiaries regarding, but not limited to, corporate compliance with all applicable Federal and State regulations and guidance, and with relevant requirements for central counterparties, clearing agencies and payment systems.
- Leads a team of compliance staff professionals in the day-to-day and long-term design, delivery, and monitoring of processes and policies related but not limited to: regulatory compliance, participant, and product and service risk assessments and compliance testing.
- Oversees the staff’s partnering with other areas including Risk Management, Audit, Finance/Treasury, Legal and IT on matters related to corporate compliance. Serves as a senior liaison on cross-functional teams.
- As needed, represents Firm and subsidiaries’ interests on industry committees and in industry initiatives related to corporate compliance and industry best practices.
- Works in coordination with compliance leadership team and provides insight and feedback to develop other aspects of the corporate compliance programs which include: compliance testing program; compliance monitoring programs; and policies and procedures
- Partners with Firm management and other General Counsel’s Office staff to ensure that compliance programs and measures are aligned with the overall corporate compliance strategy (including programs related to data/information security, operational risk, records retention, etc
• 8-10 years of experience in legal/regulatory environment, including 5 years of experience in financial services; and 5 years management of staff.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry (products and entities) and the legal and regulatory environments.
- Knowledge of banking and securities laws.
- Knowledge of both domestic and international markets preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead staff and cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Juris Doctor preferred.
Manages the Director of Compliance Risk Assessments and Director of Compliance Testing