Data Specialist III - Client Transitions
Company team & role:
BNY Mellon's Pershing has supported many of the world's most sophisticated and successful financial services firms for more than 80 years. Wealth and institutional firms rely on us for clearing and custody, trading and settlement services, a broad suite of investment solutions, middle and back office support, data insights, and business consulting.
The Client Transitions team helps Broker Dealers and Advisors to onboard their business to Pershing's platform. The Client Transition department consists of two primary roles - Account Manager and Specialist. The Account Manager is there to ensure a seamless transition for new clients in compliance with legal and compliance regulations and follows a project management discipline to coordinate activities spanning many teams and topics.
As the Data Specialist you will gather, clean, map, reconcile, test, validate and manage the lifecycle of client demographic or position and balance data from project initiation through to program closure. You will manage and resolve risks, issues, and dependencies. You will report exceptions and statuses to the required business teams, managers and clients. You will serve as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives Responsibilities:
- Data Transfer, Integration and Quality Analysis
- Business and technology requirements gathering
- Data analysis & consultation
- Independently handle designated assignments
- Scheduling and process prioritization
- Organization and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Data cleaning, validation, testing, mapping and exception reporting
- Risk assessment, documentation, communication, and escalation
- Performs data normalization, constructs data diagrams, and provides data flow diagrams and documents processes.
- Performs macro-level analyses to identify trending issues across clients, products, integration or transition activities, etc.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance
- No direct reports
In this role you will gain general knowledge of the industry landscape of financial services, Pershing's clients, and the broader Pershing organization. You will have exposure to the most senior leadership of both Pershing and our clients. You will build a network within Pershing|BNYM, and gain experience working directly with our clients, industry partners and internal technical subject matter experts. The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of SQL and a strong understanding of relational databases.
- 7-10 years of total work experience in securities, financial services or client-facing or project management roles preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical and communication skills and be able to work independently and under pressure as a self-starter while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office product suite preferred.
- Series 99 License is preferred. Pershing will support you in obtaining this license.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.