Data Services - Java/Gemfire/Redis/Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused
approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role is to build and support private cloud (internally hosted) caching products that use Pivotal Cloud Cache (based on Gemfire) and Redis.
Both products will be cloud like with self-service capabilities utilizing Pivotal Cloud Foundry as a platform. You will be building products that can be accessed by APIs and Open Service Brokers to automate provisioning and maintenance tasks.
Knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Caching and Database products is desired, but this is not essential. We require someone who has strong development skills with the ability to rapidly become an expert in new technologies and deliver high quality products with an excellent customer experience.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
- Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java
- Experience with developing frameworks that help increase developer efficiency, release velocity, code health and technical standards
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: caching, database, unix/linux environments, large scale software development, security software development
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
- Experience working with caching products (e.g. Pivotal Gemfire and Redis)
- Experience working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're notjust working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of oneof the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, ourteam of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that will not only transform the financial servicesindustry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, andoffer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.
If you're interested in work that makes adifference, then apply today.