Data Loss Prevention Content Engineer
Working in Cybersecurity takes pure passion for technology, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. You'll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly-motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity and resiliency of our products and emerging industry trends. Working in tandem with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop adversaries and strengthen our data.
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data t oday, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
As a member of the Cybersecurity Operations team, the Data Loss Prevention Content Engineer will provide operational oversight for security technologies in the Data s Loss Prevention environment including detection and response policy development, incident management and integration with Security Information and Event Management systems. The Data Loss Prevention Content Engineer is responsible for evaluating incidents and trends, defining how the incidents are ingested by SIEM systems and correlated with other risk factors for prioritization and assessment. The Data Loss Prevention Content Engineer is also a key consultant on the Data Loss Prevention security controls in the environment, and works closely with other IT and business areas to ensure sound and consistent implementation of security within IT infrastructure and general business process. The candidate must have experience with Data Loss Prevention systems , SIEM tools, and log management technologies.
- Deliver subject matter expertise by researching, identifying, and implementing data loss prevention solutions to protect business critical data. - Designs, analyzes, develops and/or delivers Cybersecurity products and services
- Host use case workshops with application and system owners to identify attack vectors and develop controls to detect data leakage incidents in the environment
- Understands and employs defense-in-depth principles to eliminate risk, vulnerabilities and improves security controls
- Partners with the business to prioritize and deliver capabilities as defined by the strategic roadmap
- Proactively manages relationships with stakeholders through effective communications. Leads on the identification of threats and risks to drive the selection of cost effective security controls
- Capable of performing technical and non-technical (people and operations) risk and vulnerability assessments and supports data loss incident response
- Leads data loss incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments
- Executes research and development of proof of concept in line with emerging industry trends
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities.
- Use of Symantec Data Loss Prevention, ArcSight ESM and Splunk in the daily operational work and workflow
- Advising Incident Managers on best practices and use cases on how to use Symantec Data Loss Prevention to detect events and integrate with Splunk to correlate events to achieve end state requirements
- Identify deficiencies in the environment and construct solutions to address data loss prevention
- Develop scripts, tools, and applications to automate manual operational tasks and to monitor and report on platform, rule, and control performance, coverage and effectiveness
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams on the planning, implementation, and rollout of DLP programs and solutions.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expert in their field; keeps technical skills current, participates in multiple forums
- Subject matter expert on Data Loss Prevention and writing detection policies and response actions on the platform
- Scripting or programming experience in at least 1 object oriented language.
- Able to work independently or in a team to create and optimize data loss detection rules
- Strong working knowledge of operations practices, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements and threats and vulnerabilities in the context of Cybersecurity as well as incident response handling methodologies as they apply
- Strong knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics as they relate to Cybersecurity and specifically in the financial industry
- Strong understanding of Agile, with the ability to work under at least one of the common frameworks
- May be multi-skilled across the full range of team functions
- Knowledge of what constitutes a data loss event and the relationship to both threats and vulnerabilities along with the ability to identify systemic security issues
- Provides in-depth analysis of vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation with skill in using network analysis tools.
- Compliance required for local, country, and/or region specific standards for credentials, certifications and/or training.
- Experience of mainframe and mid-range platforms an advantage
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Proficient in the mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and companywide standards
- Has broad understanding of at least one business area and product that they support and knowledge about the business' strategic direction
- Project Management, Customer Service and Technical Writing duties
- 5 years da r ta loss prevention engineering experience in mid-sized to large organizations, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, firewall deployment and security event analysis
- 3 years with SIEM and Log Management technologies specific to Splunk and/or ArcSight.
- Proficient and proven track record of delivering Cybersecurity products and services within a business domain
- Solid experience in supporting and improving Cybersecurity and/or technology controls to support the business
- BSc of Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience with 3-5 of the following security technologies including:
- Experience with one or more Security Incident and Event Monitoring tools (SIEM - Splunk ES, ArcSight, QRadar, etc)
- Preferred Product/Vendor Certifications in Symantec, Splunk & ArcSight
- Preferred Industry Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC or equivalent
Working in Cybersecurity takes pure passion for technology, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, w hen you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.