Consumer & Community Banking Fair Lending Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Global Compliance plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining program infrastructure that identifies, measures, and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risk, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.
Consumer & Community Banking Compliance is responsible for leading and implementing the compliance program across the consumer businesses, including Home Lending, Consumer and Business Banking, Consumer Wealth Management, Card Services, and Auto Finance. The department works with the consumer businesses to ensure practices and policies are appropriately designed and to achieve compliance with both the spirit and intent of applicable laws and regulations, as well as ensuring execution of an effective compliance program. Compliance's Office of Fair Lending
JPMorgan Chase and Co. (JPMorgan Chase) is committed to meeting the regulatory standard to provide fair, equitable, and nondiscriminatory access to credit for both individuals and communities. This commitment is part of our fundamental mission of providing quality financial services to existing and prospective customers in accordance with all applicable laws and serving unique customers. To accomplish this, the Office of Fair Lending (OFL) has a very robust Fair Lending function that oversees firm's compliance with fair lending laws. Position Description
Office of Fair Lending is seeking one or more qualified compliance associate to perform statistical modeling, analysis, surveillance and other related tasks to support the bank's fair lending compliance program.
- Create statistical models based on reviewing business policies and procedures and communicating with business directly
- Perform independent analytical/quantitative studies to monitor fair lending risks associated with various aspects of credit product life cycle from acquisition to servicing
- Prepare report of analysis. Interpret statistical results in non-technical terms for presentation to senior management
- Create model documentation; work with Audit and Model Review to ensure adequacy of statistical models.
- Review models for fair lending compliance
- Assist business on fair lending examinations and responding to fair lending-related inquiries
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Graduate degree in a related field
- 3 years applied statistical and analytical work or related graduate school experience
- Experience working for a bank, a consumer financial product company such as a non-depository mortgage lender, a banking regulator (e.g., OCC, CFPB) or other related government regulatory or enforcement agencies is a plus but not required
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating linear/logistic regression models
- Experience with SAS or other standard statistical packages (e.g., R, Stata)
- Experience of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Python is a plus but not required
- Experience with Tableau is a plus but not required
- Experience with big data / machine learning / artificial intelligence is a plus but not required
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with fair lending analysis is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of how consumer financial products such as mortgage and credit card are underwritten and priced is a plus but not required
- Experience with model governance is a plus but not required
- Experience with disparate impact analysis is a plus but not required