Business Associate - US Finance
What is the opportunity?
- Provide direct support to the Business Manager for the US Finance Department.
- Assist in driving key priorities and initiatives for the US Finance Department, with a heavy focus on reporting and data management.
- Assist in driving transition and organizational initiatives that further transform the US Finance department and support model.
What will you do?
- Provide support in the development and implementation of an employee development and engagement plan focused on enhancing accountability, mobility, talent management and diversity across the department.
- Assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive People and Talent strategy inclusive of goal planning, performance management, career development, mobility and training to develop and advance employees, in addition to the programs and initiatives established within the group (i.e. XFunction Learning Program, Internal Mobility Program, and Volunteer Program).
- Tracking all open audit points for the department and ensure timely closure for all points, escalate as needed.
- Assist in the overall department financial plan; inclusive of expense management, Budget, Forecast, 5 year, etc.
- Ensure overall compliance and monitoring of finance staff with regard to training, ongoing education requirements, job mandates, and performance management.
- Create and update presentations for the various initiatives and programs for the department.
- Ensure accurate record is kept for all metrics associated with staff and department initiatives.
- Assist in the development and execution of the department's overall organization structure and associated change management requirements.
- Support ad hoc local and regional projects and initiatives that impact the department.
What do you need to succeed?
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years working in a progressive financial services environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Able to create and interpret data in support of department initiatives
- Able to effectively pivot focus to align with shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possesses organizational awareness and senior leadership acumen
- Able to influence and drive change with staff at all levels
- Proven discretion when dealing with highly confidential information
- Proven ability to operate with the utmost integrity
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.