Associate, IHC Federal Reserve Regulatory Reporting
What is the opportunity?
What's in it for you?
- Documentation of key processes, procedures, governance and controls related to the preparation of core Federal Reserve report filings.
- Assist in the preparation of various Federal Reserve Bank of New York ("FRB") regulatory reports.
- Compliance with the FRB reporting instructions for the across the RBC reporting platform.
- Assessment of control procedures against documented standards. What will you do?
- Assist in the preparation, analytical review, and filing of core Federal Reserve regulatory reports including the FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP, FRY-7Q, FR 2314, FRY-11, FFIEC 009, TIC and other Reporting series
- Review / maintain documentation of procedures and governance for the reports
- Monitor and implement on-going changes in regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist in automation activities, process improvements and the development of new business requirements and ensure each conforms to the existing control environment
- Assist with manual data collection efforts and the development of controls to ensure completeness and accuracy across all federal reserve regulatory reports
- Partner closely with the Technology, Finance Risk & Control, Operations, Capital Adequacy, CCAR and Product Control teams to understand, improve and automate the reporting processes
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis substantiating existing reporting as requested by regulatory, audit and management inquiries
- Interface with exam teams (both internal and external) and facilitate their understanding of reporting including supporting processes
- Documentation of processes, procedures, governance and controls across reporting entities
- Update report preparation procedures to include changes due to automation and/or control updates
- Work with regulatory team leaders to research and document key rule interpretation decisions
- Participate in and document interactions with regulators across IHC reporting platform
- Partner with reporting teams during User Acceptance Testing to ensure control implementation
- Analyze workflows across reporting teams and work with managers to develop strategic work plans
- Perform data validation with the goal of developing controls for reporting consistency
- Oversee manual data sourcing, identify or raise automation initiatives and report progress to management
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Broad comprehension of Capital Markets and Financial Services Industry
- Experience using Axiom or similar regulatory reporting tools
- Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Bank Regulatory Reporting or Financial Statement preparation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Independent and critical thinker with desire to drive results
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.