Associate, Financial Control
What is the opportunity?
To support financial, management and regulatory reporting for the consolidated US Intermediate Holding Company (US IHC) RBC US Group Holdings LLC. Candidate will have accounting and financial reporting responsibilities over the month-end close processes, as well as, develop and perform financial analysis to support senior management in understanding the financial results of the US IHC. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Basic Qualifications
- Provide support to the team/business for the overall day-to-day accounting and financial matters.
- Assist with the month-end and quarter-end closing process, including the creation, documentation and posting of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Prepare various Head Office Templates/Reports on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly attestation package and ensure all accounts are fully reconciled.
- Assist with production and delivery of monthly financial analytical reporting packages to support various teams within the enterprise.
- Respond to internal/external auditor's queries and provide support and resolution to queries.
- Provide support for the annual audit of the IHC's consolidated financial statements, including planning, footnote disclosures compilation, and serving as point person for audit inquiries.
- Support the daily balance sheet process for the Consolidated US Operations (CUSO)
- Perform reconciliation and variance analysis to provide reasonable assurance of correct balances on all regulatory reports (FRB, BEA etc.).
- Prepare supporting data and analysis for the Bureau of Economic Analysis reporting such as the BE-605, BE-12/15, and BE-120.
- Provide support for various regulatory inquiries on reported balances.
- Provide required support for the implementation of new accounting standards or updates.
- Provide support for the RBC US resolution plan.
- Provide support to various financial reporting automation efforts (i.e., Robotics Process Automation, Python Initiative etc.).
- Contribute to an effective control environment by creating/refreshing documentation of financial reporting processes
- Assist with daily Ad Hoc inquires and requests.
Other Required Qualifications:
- BBA and/or MBA in Accounting/Finance
- 2-3 year experience in financial reporting
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of banking industry
- Broad financial statement orientation and comprehension of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of various accounting applications such as - ADP, PeopleSoft, IBM Cognos, SAP, EGL, Bloomberg, Excel and Access
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Self-started and motivated
What's in it for you?
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.