Associate, Business Strategy
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity. BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system.
BNY Mellon's Pershing and its affiliates provide global financial business solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge fund and 40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers. Pershing helps clients improve profitability and drive growth, create capacity and efficiency, attract and retain talent, and manage risk and regulation. With a network of 23 offices worldwide, Pershing provides business-to-business solutions to clients representing more than 6 million investor accounts globally.
Pershing's strategy function is responsible for shaping the strategic dialogue within Pershing's Executive Committee, securing investments to pursue growth opportunities, developing responses to business threats, and cascading key strategic initiatives across stakeholder groups. The function thrives on intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty, challenging the status quo, and collaboration.
- Lead the research, collection and assessment of data/information in order to develop hypotheses that support basic business initiatives/issues
- Uses quantitative and qualitative analyses to develop recommendations/solutions that can be implemented and measured
- Prepare business plans that measure the long-term feasibility of strategic opportunities
- Take a leadership role across multiple disciplines by serving as the central point of coordination and control in a project to ensure cross-business collaboration
- Tracks project team activities and deliverables and applies strategic business concepts to ensure alignment of strategy and project execution
- No direct reports. Contributes to the achievement of related team's objectives
- Knowledge of asset and wealth management industry, major players and client segments
- Experience in market research and data analysis
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude and ability to structure analyses
- Ability to distil complex concepts in simple, practical terms
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experienced in developing presentations for senior audience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, SQL and database programming a plus
- High attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Finance or Mathematical field
Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 3-5 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: