Assistant Vice President – Cyber Resiliency Specialist
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Full time, Permanent
- BNP Paribas
- 15 Jan 18
Looking for experience in Business Continuity and Cyber Security. Person will work in Information Security as the primary liaison between Information Security and Business Continuity Management teams to drive the recovery and resiliency strategy across business lines.
BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking:
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The Cyber Resiliency Specialist is a member of the Information Security Department and reports to the Business Information Security Officer. This individual is responsible for strengthening the bank’s ability to identify, prevent, detect. and respond to process or technology failures and recover, while reducing customer harm, reputational damage, regulatory impact, and financial loss. The Cyber Resiliency Specialist will be responsible for partnering Business Continuity to drive the timely and execution of the Firm-wide Recovery and Resiliency strategy across business lines.
- Primary liaison between Information Security and Business Continuity Management teams.
- Helps to ensure that Business Continuity Plans address the risks associated with significant cyber threats.
- Participate in and in some cases develop tabletop exercises to enhance cybersecurity preparedness
- Drive the execution of the resiliency strategy for Cybersecurity threat scenarios
- Provide regular, metrics-driven updates to executive management on program status, threats and progress
- Communicate regular project status updates to the business stakeholders and senior sponsors
- Drive project committees and influence decision-making
- Address project issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of projects
- Define recovery playbooks for specific business lines clearly defined, documented, communicated, adhered to, and audit compliant
- Partner with cyber testing and simulation teams to develop new testing scenarios and develop action plans based upon results
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience, including a minimum of 3 years in an Information Security role or Business Continuity Planning role
- Prior experience in disaster / cyber recovery planning and testing would be advantages
- Ability to think strategically about how to create business led solutions and ability to communicate effectively to both business and technical audiences
- Experience collaborating with Senior Management and regulators
- Strong background in information security and/or financial services business operation
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, and organizational and work documentation proficiency
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple assignments, and adhere to strict deadlines
- Prior experience working with external auditors and regulators as Firm representative for cyber security standards
- Ability to coordinate actions from several different teams
- Experience with interpretation and application of Information Security Policy and Standards
- Strong risk analysis and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of business, regulatory, and compliance requirements
- Understanding of the Information Security risks that are inherent to the Business
- PMP, CISSP, CISA or CISM certification
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.