Application Data Engineering Lead
We are seeking an application developer with top-notch database skills. The ideal candidate will continue to develop our database platform, model database entities, develop access mechanisms and work with other application developers to integrate the database backend. The candidate will also be involved in developing the next generation of the data platform using Cassandra and work very closely with engineers working on our next generation low-latency trading platform. Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Work closely with front and backend developers to define database interface, model the database and engineer solutions that are performant and maintainable.
- Knowledge of financial services industry within a fixed-income area
- Development and maintenance of stored procedures, and functions to capture, load, and maintain multiple databases for trading applications.
- Data analysis, produce ad hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
- Diagnose and resolve any data and performance issues, ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Design and develop the next generation of the data platform
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Be very hands on, and lead a small team
Bachelor's Degree completed or relative work experience required
Hands-on application development experience in SQL (Preferred T-SQL)
Experience with Cassandra or other no-SQL platform
Proven technical and people leadership skills
Strong analytical and communications skills
Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks in a fast moving work environment
C/C++ experience is a plus
Tradeweb is a leading, multi-asset class, electronic trading venue for fixed income, derivatives and ETFs. Tradeweb offers institutional, wholesale and retail market participants unparalleled liquidity, cutting-edge technology and a broad range of data solutions that deliver better price discovery, order execution and trade workflows. The company serves more than 2,000 clients including banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, central banks, corporates, inter-dealer brokers, brokers, financial advisors and registered investment advisors in over 50 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Tradeweb operates trading platforms in more than 25 products including government bonds, mortgages, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, interest rate swaps, credit defaults swaps rates, repurchase agreements and equity derivatives. In an average trading day, Tradeweb facilitates more than $525 billion in notional value traded.
Tradeweb Markets LLC (\"Tradeweb\") is proud to be an EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer.