Analyst/Associate, US Credit Risk Review
What is the opportunity?
The Credit Review group is responsible for providing an independent assessment of the credit quality of the US wholesale loan portfolio. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for:
1) Conducting credit/loan portfolio reviews for their assigned segment of the loan portfolio, assisting as necessary with other segments as required.
2) Document and communicate findings and recommendations to business and departmental management.
3) Interface with internal and external clients to ensure proper identification, documentation and resolution of all risks impacting the loan portfolio.
The incumbent will be tasked with working closely with colleagues in Internal Audit Services, GRM Credit, Global Credit, and Credit Transaction Management to ensure that for their assigned segment of the US wholesale loan portfolio:
What will you do?
- Appropriate sample and review of the portfolio.
- Identify and report potential weaknesses at the borrower and/or portfolio level and recommend an appropriate remediation plan to the relevant business/support units.
- Ensure risks unique to both the region and the assigned portfolio segment are properly reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary.
For the assigned segment of the US wholesale loan portfolio: Credit File Review:
- Evaluate activities of lending transactions and support personnel in Capital Markets and RM ensuring compliance with policies approvals, monitoring and risk assessment.
- Identify loans with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends that may affect collectability.
Credit Portfolio Review:
- Identify potential trends at the sector/industry level.
- Ensure aggregate risk profile is understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns.
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to management.
People Management/Team Effectiveness/Technical & Professional Skills
- Provide management with an objective assessment of the assigned segment of the US wholesale loan portfolio
- Provide management with credit information and regulatory reporting
- Document findings and follow-up to assess resolution.
What do you need to succeed? Basic Qualifications
- Demonstrates analytical mindset
What's in it for you?
- Experience in wholesale credit in an underwriting or adjudication capacity, preferably with some general industry knowledge in the same areas.
- Strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills.
- Solution orientated focus.
- Basic knowledge of lending products.
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload
- Ability to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative
- Partnership mentality with respect to rest of RBC enterprise.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with RBC regulators, GRM and other business unit's managers and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Join Our Talent Community
Want to be in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC? It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on jobs, career paths, recruitment events, and more!