What is the opportunity?
Position will perform various reporting and analysis for the U.S. broker dealer What will you do?
- Supervise a staff of a team of 2 - 3 professionals
- Advise businesses on US GAAP treatment and regulatory capital treatment of new products and business lines in the broker dealer and within non b/d subsidiary entities.
- Drive broker dealer finance process improvements across business, product control, operations, IT and business unit finance teams to enhance internal controls, data integrity and efficiency.
- Liaise with the tax department on transfer pricing and tax accounting for the broker dealer.
- Supervise the preparation and filing of the annual audited financial statements and half year unaudited financials.
- Supervise the preparation and submissions of head-office templates for the Group financial statements.
- Perform balance sheet and income statement analysis.
- Perform various oversight functions to ensure that the BD books are accurate and in compliance with IFRS / US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Research technical financial accounting and reporting requirements.
- Identify and coordinate adjustments needed at month-end for financial reporting purposes.
- Review standard of documentation binders for compliance with RBC policy to ensure high quality of reconciliations and related support.
- Coordinate the annual controls audits for the Custody Report, Correspondent Services SOC1, and FICCA.
- Liaison with external and internal auditors.
- Assist Accounting Policy in implementation of any new accounting standards - US GAAP and IFRS
- Assist with automation of various reports in line with the on-going automation initiatives.
- Timely respond to ad-hoc queries and requests from other teams and / or external regulator questions.
- Occasional travel required.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Previous broker-dealer accounting experience required
- Proficient in US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong broker-dealer accounting / reporting / financial statement preparation experience
- Broad knowledge of financial products and trading / settlement processes
- CPA is a plus
- Strong managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and manage competing priorities
- Detail oriented
- Advanced excel skills, including data lookups, pivot tables, etc
- SQL / VBA excel programming skills a plus
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.