Securities Lending Middle Office Associate
- Hoboken, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Oct 18
Responsible for accounting, proof and control of Securities Lending activity. Supports Trading Desk and other internal departments by preparing various reconciliations as well as management and client reports. In addition, project support.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces and proofs accounting reconciliation and management control reports.
- Trades support: mark to market, trade pricing, trade input and reconciliation.
- Interacts with Trading, Systems, and other Operations areas to resolve problems.
- Identifies and implements accounting and control enhancements.
- Calculation and reconciliation of receivable and payable balances.
- Reconciles customer fee statements, and produce various customer reports.
- Collating, copying, filing and distribution of daily reports.
- Documents procedures and work-flows.
- Project Support.
- Adhoc management and customer reporting support. This includes working with and reporting directly to Senior Management on specialized lending data mining; quantitative analysis (historical and forecasting); and, presentation of information/analysis using available software (PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Access).
- Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things.
- Cross-trains in Department and performs all work as assigned by manager.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong PC skills. MS Excel. MS Access a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree either in business, finance, accounting, or mathematics preferred.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in bank operations, securities lending experience preferred with concentration in customer reporting, project support, trade support, cash reconciliation, proof and control.
- Knowledge of Settlements (cash & securities) and Corporate Actions is a plus.