Senior Software developer
Software Developer III
Location: Virtual, US (East Coast)
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a best-in-class sector-focused news and financial information provider, is looking for a Lead Software Developer to join our Software Development team in either our Charlottesville office or our Richmond office.
The Impact: You will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical skills to develop the products that our clients use daily. You will help provide mentorship and insight to other developers and stretch your knowledge as we come up with new solutions to the challenges we encounter. We provide the data and analytics required for every single day decisions in the capital and commodities markets.
The Career Opportunity: Are you encouraged by meaningful tasks that can directly impact the business? Do you enjoy working with global teams? In this role, you have a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally. As a software developer with us, the chance to work on enterprise level products and new technologies is presented constantly. Our technology is continuously evolving, ensuring that you are always learning new skills and facing new challenges. Your growth potential is endless.
The Team / The Business: We have teams made up of people that learns how to work effectively together, while working with the larger group of developers on our platform. Opportunities are presented every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and you have the opportunity to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $110,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
- Solve problems, analyze and isolate issues
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the team and help them embrace change as new processes are introduced
- Champion practices and methodologies and serve as a SME to the organization
- Build solutions to develop/support key business needs
- Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
- Produce system design documents and lead technical walkthroughs
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
- Continuously improve the architecture and quality of the code
Experience and proficiency with a variety of System tools including:
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Bachelor's /Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in application development using Microsoft Technologies.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, .NET framework and design patterns.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Good experience with developing solutions involving relational database technologies on SQL Server platform, stored procedure programming experience using Transact SQL.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Posterhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
266873 Posted On:
Richmond, Virginia, United States