Risk Specialist – Consumer Credit Analytics
- Competitive salary and best in class benefits
- Fort Lee, NJ, USA Fort Lee NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Cross River
- 12 Apr 18 2018-04-12
Cross River Bank (“CRB”) is a venture-backed bank reinventing banking to power the financial services of the future. CRB is a leader in Marketplace Lending, providing cutting edge solutions to some of the largest and most innovative FinTechs in the market. As a bank that originates more than $2.5BN annually and manages more than $1.3BN of assets, we are currently looking for a Risk Specialist in consumer credit analytics to join our expanding Risk team.
The Risk Specialist is responsible for effectively analyzing, monitoring and reporting risks of the consumer lending segments within the Bank.
The Risk Specialist develops analytical models and methods to accurately analyze the consumer loan portfolio, develops forward looking analytics to adequately inform management regarding the portfolio, and performs necessary governance and validation processes to ensure compliance with regulatory rules on models.
· Conducts analyses, monitors metrics, and provides information to Senior Management and the Board of Directors to properly manage the consumer credit portfolio of the Bank.
· Develops statistical/analytical models to analyze risks in the Bank’s consumer credit portfolio, e.g. concentration risks, using probability analysis, regression analysis, migration analysis, etc.
· Measures and monitors the Bank’s credit risk exposures, provides portfolio management recommendations for existing exposures and also for new exposure originations.
· Performs independent analytical initiatives including portfolio modeling, Stress Testing and migration analysis. Performs necessary governance work to determine and validate key Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), and Exposure at Default (EAD) models, that are critical to internal Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss measures.
· Provides analytics-based recommendations to management to help direct future acquisition strategies/lending activities to mitigate future loan losses.
· Tests the portfolio under various economic scenarios (stress testing), to determine the potential impact on the Bank’s Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss (ALLL) Reserve.
· Prepares and delivers management reporting necessary to ensure accurate and thorough measurement of risk factors present in consumer credit products.
· Documents model methodologies/systems/tools to ensure compliance with internal model governance.
· Recommends credit policy and underwriting standard modifications where warranted.
· Bachelor's Degree. Master’s Degree or higher preferred.
· 5+ years directly related experience required.
· Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
· Strong analytical, technical and writing skills.
· Ability to develop and execute complex models and analyses in support of business goals and objectives.
· Commercial banking knowledge and experience is required.
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills are required.
· Broad general financial analysis and planning experience is desired.
· Ability to assimilate complex business information in order to structure relationships in processes and data.
· Ability to communicate highly technical information to inform others in practical business-based terms.