- Competitive salary and best in class benefits
- Fort Lee, NJ, USA Fort Lee NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Cross River
- 12 Apr 18 2018-04-12
Cross River Bank (“CRB”) is a venture-backed bank reinventing banking to power the financial services of the future. CRB is a leader in Marketplace Lending, providing cutting edge solutions to some of the largest and most innovative FinTechs in the market. As a bank that originates more than $2.5BN annually and manages more than $1.3BN of assets, we are building out enterprise risk management that is crucial to support our business growth.
We are currently looking for a strong, experienced Risk Manager to join our Risk team. The candidate must be self-motivated, results-driven, and good ability to work with people. If you are a sharp thinker and problem solver, this is a rewarding career opportunity for you.
· Assist VP-Enterprise Risk Management in implementing an ERM program.
· Independently plan, manage, and deliver assigned Risk and Control Assessment projects, which require effective communication and presentation skills, and the ability to interface effectively with senior executives and also junior staff of the bank.
· Collect, evaluate, and maintain data for risk quantification, assessment, and mitigation.
· Recognize, understand, and analyze root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in risk to the organization. Identify and implement corrective action where appropriate consistent with ERM objectives.
· Design and deliver ERM education and training across the organization.
· Support the business units with the management of risk and the integration of ERM processes and provide ongoing training and direction.
· Support the development and application of risk assessment tools, practices, and policies.
· Coordinate ERM activities as directed with other department stakeholders.
· Ensure the Bank maintains adequate risk controls to facilitate compliance with laws, regulations, and subjects related to lending and deposit products and services.
· Support business channels for implementation, risk analysis, and testing of new products and services providing an internal control perspective to identify control gaps and recommendations for improvement.
· Assist Chief Risk Officer with risk analysis on due diligence reviews to ensure the Bank’s mitigation of risk with lending and deposit related laws, regulations, and subjects.
· Assist colleagues with compliance, risk, and Bank policy questions.
· Additional projects as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
· BA/BS Degree.
· Minimum of five years' experience in risk management at a bank or credit union.
· Demonstrated project management experience.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Exceptional collaboration skills and a desire to work as part of a high performance team.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in managing and/or reviewing of Risk Controls Self Assessments.
· Experience analyzing operational, regulatory, legal, fraud, reputation, strategic, and transaction risk.
· Excellent knowledge of lending, deposit products and services support structure including experience implementing/monitoring an Internal Audit program.
· Knowledge of lending and/or deposit consumer compliance laws/regulations/areas.
· Results oriented, ability to meet deadlines.
· Integrity, ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills.