Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Florham Park, NJ, USA Florham Park NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Jacobs Levy Equity Management
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
The Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst is part of our Investment Technology team and will work with technology and business stakeholders to design and implement scalable technology solutions to meet investment and reporting needs.
Jacobs Levy Equity Management, located in Florham Park, NJ, is looking for a Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst to join our Investment Technology team. The team develops and implements the software required to support the firm’s trading, quantitative research, and other operations. The Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst will work with technology and business stakeholders to design and implement scalable technology solutions to meet investment and reporting needs.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of financial equity data and will be responsible for project management, requirements analysis, infrastructure, development, quality assurance, and operations support within the Technology department.
- Responsible for the analysis, development, and ongoing support of technologies and analytics driven solutions, and serving as a liaison between technology and business stakeholders at all levels
- Manage projects, lead meetings, develop consensus, establish implementation plans, manage project schedules, and apply best practices of project management
- Analyze portfolio manager requirements and translate them into implementation plans to update optimization, trading, and analytical reporting systems
- Identify project issues and develop solutions collaboratively with business stakeholders; understand and mitigate technical and operational risks
- Provide oversight for the various phases of testing and user acceptance of technical implementations
- Evaluate and manage relationships with data vendors and technology providers
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics)
- Strong knowledge of equity data (Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc) and front/middle/back office operations
- Programming experience (SQL, Python, C/C++, Java)
- 5+ years of experience in project management or technical leadership role at a financial firm – analyzing, designing, developing and implementing business processes and supporting implementation of technology solutions
- An advanced level of mathematics and statistics
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical terms and issues for non-technical stakeholders
Jacobs Levy Equity Management focuses exclusively on managing equity portfolios for institutional clients. Building on the pioneering research of founders Bruce Jacobs and Ken Levy, the firm has developed a unique, multidimensional, dynamic approach to investing that combines human insight and intuition, finance and behavioral theory, leading-edge quantitative and statistical methods, and over 30 years of proprietary research. Jacobs Levy manages assets for a prestigious global roster of corporate defined benefit and defined contribution plans, public retirement systems, sub-advised funds, and endowments/foundations, many of which are Pensions & Investments’ “Top 200 Pension Funds/Sponsors.”
The culture at Jacobs Levy emanates from our founders’ entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationship, and dedication to research. Ours is an innovative, team-oriented organization that welcomes intellectual curiosity, outside-the-box thinking, and practical problem solving. We seek innovative professionals who want to grow and learn while helping to drive the success of the firm. We would like to learn more about you; please apply through LinkedIn and include a PDF or word document that contains your cover letter and resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.