Vice President - Private Equity Real Assets
Who we are looking for
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services (AIS) Group. The AIS Private Equity Fund Services Manager, Vice President, interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. The Private Equity Fund Services group is a growing, dynamic business unit within the Alternative Investment division. Candidates must demonstrate strong technical investment and allocation accounting knowledge, initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously direct multiple tasks. The position is responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for a large strategic client with a complex structure. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Private Equity Fund Services Manager you will:
What we value
- Supervise all subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2, Officer, Senior Assoc. and/or Senior Staff).
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
- Manage client relationship with client personnel
- Manage administration and communication of staffing needs to senior leadership
- Creatively solution a systemic design for complex client's allocation needs
- Display and communicate a strong understanding of blocker structures and their operational uses
- Consistently review and improve process to create scale within client relationship
- Manage GAAP and tax accounting (as instructed by client) in system to generate reporting
- Work alongside other internal teams to provide a seamless work-product to client
- Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations.
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Review and/or create quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms.
- Review and/or prepare waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Evidence full capability of navigating through a limited partnership agreement.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers, and banking personnel.
- Meet all requirements for performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and take initiative
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Ability to creatively solution for client needs
- Propensity to work independently to solve problems and effectively communicate solutions
About State Street
- Candidates must have an a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 9 years of accounting experience, including 5 to 7 years of supervisory experience.
- Specific experience in the private equity industry is required.
- Strong Investran knowledge and use required
- Strong understanding of complex structures and allocation needs required
- CPA is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Advent Geneva or other investment accounting applications is a plus.
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers