Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President
We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to premier fund clients. Join this growing, high profile team focused on building solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
State Street's Alternative Investment Solutions group provides a complete suite of services to more than 750 clients, including institutional investors, hedge fund managers, private equity fund managers and real estate fund managers. We offer deep, product-specific expertise in alternative investments and flexible, innovative alternative investment solutions, including fund accounting, fund administration, corporate administration, risk and credit services. What Part Will You Play?
We are looking for outstanding individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This senior managerial position has responsibility for managing client relationships and directing the administration offering for a portfolio of blue chip, alternative investment clients. Primary responsibilities
What Do We Need From You?
- Provide outstanding service to our clients, always seeking ways to improve and automate workflow and processes.
- Lead communications at senior levels with client personnel and investment professionals.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Oversee the supervision of officer and associate level staff and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that regulatory and fund document deadlines are met while adhering to all procedures and quality controls.
- Review and approve NAV reporting packages in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of fund structures and show proficiency in accounting for complex transactions, understanding investment fund legal documents and guiding your teams in implementing standard methodologies.
- Participate in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc. Provide oversight of client on boarding and fund set up.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Identify and participate in system development needs, testing, and procedural improvements.
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, particularly those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency, and deliver exceptional client service.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to staff within span of control
- Fund accounting experience, ideally 8+ years, for this role.
- A college degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform well under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong leadership and resource management skills
- Investran experience required