Credit Analyst II (TD Equipment Finance)
Company Overview About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview
TD Equipment Finance, Inc. ("TDEF") is a complimentary Product Partner of the Corporate and Commercial Bank and also the Bank's 'Center of Excellence' for equipment financing. TDEF strives to maintain industry leading product knowledge by staying abreast of tax, accounting and other regulatory issues effecting equipment financing and by maintaining strong, technical knowledge of equipment markets in general.
TDEF provides specialized leasing solutions to a broad range of clients desiring tailored Lease transactions. Clients include school districts, municipalities, equipment vendors, agencies of the Federal Government and corporate clients. Industries include construction, marine, aircraft, dental and medical equipment, laboratory equipment, and telecommunication systems. Job Description
The Credit Analyst II is responsible for conducting in-depth industry and financial analysis of existing and potential borrowers. This job works cooperatively to support the Lending and Credit functions of the Bank. Requirements
- Responsible for financial analysis of moderately complex loans/industries/Customer.
- Works more independently but under the guidance and review of lead staff.
- Good understanding of loan risk factors.
- Researches industry specific information from outside sources, which may include conversation with Borrowers, industry publications, area libraries, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the Internet.
- Participates in Customer meetings and make direct inquiry for specific Customer information based on prior research, experience and knowledge (may require travel at times).
- Integral part of loan origination process. Responsible for performing underwriting analysis of Borrower's character, credit worthiness and financial condition.
- Supports the lending function by providing analytical support.
- Prepares insightful and timely approval memorandums for presentation to appropriate lending and credit authorities.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years related experience required.
- Developed knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques.
- Exhibits the ability to gather, consolidate, analyze and summarize data to provide well-considered recommendations on an increasingly independent basis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Developed PC skills including demonstrated proficiency and capability in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit and Customer information.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team orientation.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.