FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Corporate Real Estate Optimization Director
The Corporate Real Estate team in the US deals with high value low volume real estate management. They are looking for someone with the capability to handle the day to day and large transaction elements for the group.
The individual will be someone that has specialist real estate background (leases, property management & full real estate services) with aspirations to broader management capability in their career outside of this domain.
This is a global team (across the US, UK, Continental Europe and India) but this function does not have any direct team management responsibilities. It would be expected that this individual would have the content and technical expertise to manage a long term relationship with their existing real estate outsourced partnership (JLL). Rather than the hands on landlord management this is in the guise of the more strategic aspects of corporate real estate management.
The job is based in New Jersey with one day a week expected in the Manhattan office.
Overall purpose of role
* To lead the Portfolio Management & Optimization function for Corporate Real Estate across the regional portfolio, ensuring delivery to an agreed portfolio and real estate strategy via outsourced delivery partner(s).
* Responsibility for overseeing Real Estate activity across all Barclays business units in accountable geographies, comprising all businesses.
* Support development and execution of the local, regional and global Portfolio Management & Optimization strategy by taking operational ownership of appointed in-region vendors, managing delivery of services in line with contractual obligations.
* Lead the Portfolio Management & Optimization team and vendors across all areas of strategy and service delivery.
* Work with the Head of Portfolio Management & Optimization to support strategy implementation in region, and with the various businesses to deliver a portfolio and real estate strategy that supports business objectives.
* Responsible for functional reporting and governance.
* Provides strong functional leadership and direction to the Corporate Real Estate internal and vendor teams.
* Provide leadership for Portfolio Planning that meets current and forecasted business demand and requirements
* The role holder will be accountable for managing the Portfolio Management & Optimization function in region as designed by the Head of Portfolio Management & Optimization.
* Develop and maintain the regional aspects of the Global Portfolio Optimisation Strategy which is aligned to the Banks strategy.
* Own and deliver all Portfolio Optimisation business cases and roadmaps for the region. Drive socialisation and approval of all business cases with regional stakeholders.
* Manage and deliver the business cases through to successful execution through programme planning, governance, oversight and delivery.
* Provide a single point of contact for the Portfolio Optimisation function in region offering support and guidance to functional delivery teams.
* Collation and reporting of all space allocation utilization and population data.
* Identify supply solutions to demand requests, prioritize, and oversight of supply delivery mechanisms.
* Portfolio and master planning for approved locations and associated reporting.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Communicate, influence and gain buy-in from stakeholders on Portfolio Management & Optimization and Real Estate strategy.
* Partner with stakeholders to effectively understand their requirements and objectives.
* Support Head of Portfolio Management & Optimization in influencing key business stakeholders in region.
* Ensure effective monitoring of stakeholder feedback to internal team and vendors.
* demonstrable commercial experience in the real estate industry covering financial and business control, performance reporting, analysis and both annual and strategic planning expertise.
* demonstrable expertise and management experience in Portfolio Optimisation and Real Estate Transactions - from strategy creation to execution and in depth analytics and governance.
* Experience of material outsourced contracts in the real estate sphere.
* Prior experience gained within the Financial Services industry over a complex, global, multi-business with significant experience in the design and delivery of operating model change.
* Network of industry peers, consulting organisations, and real estate suppliers.
* Experience of managing a portfolio and real estate strategy and associated transactions, through both direct and matrix management structures
Before Applying for this position, please consider the following:
- Are you currently domiciled in the USA without any restrictions to work in the country?
- Do you need sponsorship to remain in the USA?
- Is your visa/stay in the USA dependant on a significant other?
- bonus & benefits
- Bordentown, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick