Sr. Systems Analyst
- Merrimack, NH, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Sr. Systems Analyst
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 6 year's business or systems analysis experience.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall systems development methodologies.
- Brokerage or Financial Service experience preferred.
- Data Model and Database querying, data management experience.
The Purpose of Your Role
Fidelity Clearing and Custody Services (FCCS) provides products, solutions and services to banks, broker/dealers, registered investment advisors, family offices, and other financial intermediaries to meet their brokerage and banking needs. We are seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to assist with requirements and solution definition on complex projects in our Technology Platform group. You will be responsible for partnering with the Project sponsors and technology teams to gather and document systems requirements and solutions for new products and major enhancements to our offering in support of Broker/Dealer, Registered Investment Advisor and Family Office clients.
This position is intended for an individual contributor that supports the full project life cycle on assigned systems development projects. Under general direction, the individual determines and specifies complex business requirements and processes for medium to large projects, analyzes and revises existing system logic, develops test and acceptance plans.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Your ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment involving multiple stakeholder and technical groups.
- Problem solve in a demanding, complex, fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and become a contributor to a highly functioning technical team.
- Broad application/ technology fundamentals and are an accomplished contributor in two or more areas.
- You have solid business background through training and application experience.
- Thoroughly assess impacts to stakeholders, systems & platforms.
- Effectively communicate with the team and management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to influence team and external groups.
- Navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks.
- Effectively manage project related tasks and issues.
The Value You Deliver
- Providing business and systems analysis support for complex technology projects, often across subsystems and companies.
- Working with clients, business partners and technology partners to identify, define, interpret, and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of business and/or system requirements and processes.
- Facilitating requirement gathering meetings, communicate complex business needs into clear actionable systems requirements; researches and evaluates alternative solutions.
- Development of user stories/use cases, current and proposed business and systems processes.
- Evaluating design of existing systems to judge their functionality, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership.
- Owning the analysis strategy for technology projects culminating in the creation and management of documentation to support project needs, for both Agile and Waterfall Systems Development Life Cycle projects.
- Recommending designs for new systems based on requirements gathered during the requirements analysis phase.
- Collaborating with other analysts and project contributors to create comprehensive and cohesive solution approaches.
- Managing issues and have the ability to drive to closure.
- Working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Possibly mentoring other project team members.
- Providing technical analysis estimates on technology initiatives.
- Monitoring documentation standards and best practices.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The FBT technology platform is an integrated collection of products and services that are delivered to these external clients primarily via web-based and mobile applications, application programming interfaces, transmission files, and interfaces with third-party applications. Some of these products and services are - and not limited to - trading, account servicing and maintenance, account opening and money movement, reporting, and data delivery and presentation.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.