- Merrimack, NH, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
The Global Middle Office, Repo and Collateral Management team aligned with Derivatives works with Fidelity's trading desks, global custodians, broker-dealers, and internal business partners in support of Fidelity managed funds. The repo analyst will support Fidelity's institutional asset managers through the lifecycle of repo transactions.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of experience in financial services, preferably within repo or securities lending
The Purpose of Your Role
The Repo Analyst role is responsible for collateral management, derivative and settlement/payment confirmation. The analyst will identify and escalate issues that have the potential to significantly impact operations. You will provide exceptional service to the supported asset managers. In addition to participating in ad hoc project requests, the analyst will assist with the development and review for new/and or changes to departmental policies and procedures. Lastly and most importantly, you will work within a dynamic team environment and demonstrate a "team-first" attitude.
The Skills You Bring
- Proficient PC Knowledge (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Bloomberg a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to manage time effectively as well as multi-task within tight timeframes
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity with regards to ever-changing market practices/standards
- Must be able to recognize high-risk items and escalate those items or seek assistance to minimize loss to either the shareholder and/or Fidelity
- Must have the ability to develop solid action plans to resolve daily operational issues/problems
The Value You Deliver
- Supporting Fidelity Institutional Asset Managers throughout the life of repo transactions (overnight and term)
- Coordinating settlement of transactions with custody banks and broker-dealers
- Develop relationships with internal (Fidelity traders) and external (custody banks and broker-dealers) business partners.
- Monitor process risks and proactively develop process and procedures to mitigate said risks.
- What is the core work that this person is going to be working on and what is the impact of it? Be specific (use specific systems as long as it doesn't compromise Fidelity's internal information policy, don't give our competitors insight into what systems we use if it is only internally known)
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Derivatives Center Of Excellence (DCOE) within Fidelity Pricing and Cash Management Services (FPCMS), offers best in class operational service to both Fidelity's business partners and external broker-dealer and custodian relationships. The repo team operates within the Derivatives Center of Excellence and assists Fidelity traders and portfolio managers with the settlement of repo (tri-party and bi-lateral) transactions. These repo transactions allow Fidelity to earn increased yield within their money market portfolios.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.